Target Hunger Donor Privacy Code
Target Hunger respects your privacy. This policy applies to all donor information received by Target Hunger, both online and offline, as well as any electronic, written, or oral communications. By submitting your information to us or any of our staff, you consent to the terms and conditions of the policy and to our processing personal information for the purposes stated below.
“Personal Information” is information that identifies you personally, such as your name, address, telephone number, and email address. We collect and store the personally identifiable information that you have provided us. Here are some examples of ways in which we may collect your information.
- When you request information via one of the email addresses identified on our website or otherwise contact us in person, by phone or email, with a question. We may then collect your name, address, and email in order to respond to that inquiry.
- We may collect your name, email address, and other contact information if you register for an event.
- We may collect your name, email address, telephone number, and payment information when you make a contribution, either on our website, over the phone or by mailing in a check.
The above list provides a sample of personal information that may be collected by Target Hunger. From time to time, we may collect personal information from you in ways not described above.
Use and Disclosure of Personal Information
- We will not sell, trade, or share your personal information, collected on the website or through any other business activities with anyone else.
- We will not send you mailings on behalf of other organizations.
- We will only share your personal information if you give us specific permission to do so.
- We will collect payment information, billing address, and other information necessary to process a donation or event registration.
- We will use your information to comply with the law or in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to conform to the requirements of law or comply with legal process served on us, protect, and defend our rights or act in urgent circumstances to protect the personal safety of others.
- We will use the personal information to protect against potential fraud. We may verify with third parties the information collected in the course of processing a gift, event registration or other donation. If you use a credit or debit card on the website, we may use card authorization and fraud screening services to verify that your card information and address matches the information that you supplied to us and that the card being used has not been reported lost or stolen.
- You have the right to review information that we have collected about you. To review that information please contact us in writing at Director of Development, 1260 Shotwell Street, Houston, TX 77020.
In accordance with the regulations of our database, Target Hunger restricts access to personal information collected about you to our employees, our affiliates’ employees, and others who need to know that information to provide services to you. We maintain appropriate physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards to protect your personal information collected via our website, appeals, and other contacts. Target Hunger protects our donor database with various physical, technical, and procedural measures and we restrict access to your information by unauthorized persons.
Revised July 12, 2021